Quarterly Meeting of the SVIA Board of Directors
Monday, June 4, 2018 – Tuesday, June 5, 2018
The Fairmont Hotel
2401 M St NW
Washington, DC 20037
Detailed Agenda Not Yet Available
- June 4, 2018 Executive Committee Meeting 2:00pm – 5:00pm
- June 4, 2018 Dinner TBD 6:30pm – 9:00pm
- June 5, 2018 Board of Directors Meeting 8:00am – 3:00pm
Washington, DC 20037
SVIA’s room rate is $349, single or double. All reservations must be made directly with SVIA by May 18th. The Fairmont has kindly made the $349 rate available for room nights before and after the meeting on a first come, first serve basis. SVIA encourages you to book your room with SVIA as soon as possible to secure both the room and the SVIA rate.
Please indicate your room needs when you register for the board meeting. Like the Fall Forum and Spring Seminar, SVIA submits a room block for the board of directors meeting.
To learn more about the Fairmont, please click here.
TRANSPORTATION TO WASHINGTON, DC
The closest airports to the Fairmont in Washington, D.C. are:
- Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), which is 33 miles and 50 minutes away,
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), which is roughly six miles and 15 minutes away, and
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), which is almost 26 miles and 40 minutes away.
The Washington area is also serviced by Amtrak. The closest stop or destination in Washington, D.C. is Union Station. To learn more about Amtrak’s schedule and cost, please visit: Amtrak
Union Station and the airports have cab stands that offer taxis. The approximate price of a taxi from the station or airport is shown below. In addition, you can call a car to pick you up at your location using the Uber smartphone app, which is a cashless taxi alternative. Fare quotes for UberX cars are provided below. One way fares for a basic shared shuttle with Super Shutting are also provided below. To use and/or reserve the Super Shuttle, please visit their website: Super Shuttle
- Amtrak (Union Station)
- Uber: $8-10 each way
- Taxi: $12 each way
- Super Shuttle: Not available.
- Reagan National Airport (DCA)
- Uber: $12-16 each way
- Taxi: $18 each way
- Super Shuttle: $14 for the first passenger and $10 for each additional passenger, one way
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Uber: $49-63 each way
- Taxi: $65 each way
- Super Shuttle: $29 for the first passenger and $10 for each additional passenger, one way
- Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI)
- Uber: $41-55 flat rate each way
- Taxi: $90 each way
- Super shuttle: $37 for the first passenger and $12 for each additional passenger, one way
SVIA HOTEL CANCELLATION POLICY
SVIA works with hotels to provide sleeping rooms for members who travel to attend Association events. The Association negotiates and enters into contracts with these hotels to provide convenient, high quality comfortable and economical sleeping rooms for the membership.
To provide these rooms at competitive rates, the Association must guarantee that a number of rooms will be filled by Association members. Typically, the Association’s room block rate has been anywhere from $100 to $300 less than the rates at the host hotel or in the area for comparable lodging.
The Association has and will continue to work with host hotels to maximize members’ flexibility realizing that members’ plans are subject to change and to avoid attrition charges for the membership and the Association. Equally important to the Association is ensuring that the membership who attends SVIA events do not pay for or subsidize this flexibility for those who make changes.
One night’s deposit will be forfeited on room cancellations received before one month prior to the event unless the room reservation is able to be resold or used. No refunds will be given after one month prior to the event. SVIA is unable to give refunds for no-shows. All hotel room cancellations should be submitted in writing to SVIA via mail or fax. Refunds and or hotel room charges will be made after the event.
To cancel or change your room reservation, please let SVIA know as soon as possible:
1025 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036